I baked the yummiest fruit cake over the weekend and it was a hit! An absolute favourite because everyone loved it!
I am a lover of moist and sweet cakes. If you’re like me and you do not like creaming butter for a long time then this post is for you.
You might have heard of dessert cakes but do not know how to make them. Don’t worry, as always, I’m here to help!
Dessert cakes are those soft, melt in the mouth cakes that go in parfaits.
The recipe I’ll give you in this post is a modification of the popular fruit cake recipe. This however is not the regular chocolate or red velvet but it still ends up super moist.
You’ll need the following ingredients.
– 2 cups flour
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 cup buttermilk (3 tsp vinegar and regular milk)
– 1/2 cup non-flavored oil
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 cup hot water
– 1 cup dried fruits mix or raisins (you can get from your grocery store or any cake supply shop close to you).
– 1 tsp flavoring.
– In one bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
– In a second bowl combine oil, and sugar and mix well.
– Add the buttermilk, eggs and flavoring and combine well.
– Next, add the sieved flour mix into the liquid bowl and combine thoroughly
– Add the hot water.
– Add the fruit mix and reserve a bit for the topping.
– Pour into a greased baking tin and then top with the remaining fruit mix.
– Bake in an oven for about 30 minutes (if a toothpick or wooden skewer goes through the middle and comes out clean, it’s done).
– Serve and enjoy
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe.
If you ever try this recipe please tag @nessytalks so we can see your creations.