Twist outs are a signature natural hair style for some naturals. Even relaxed hair ladies wear twist outs too.
Before I transitioned to natural hair, I used to put my hair in braids then unravel them to achieve beautiful curls. I didn’t even know what they were called back then but one thing always happened – People would ask me how I got my hair so curly. I think it was because the curls I achieved were a lot different from the ones people around me were used to. Someone asked me one time if I was a Black American haha!
How To Achieve The Perfect Twist Out Or Braid Out
In this post, I’ll be sharing some tips on how to achieve the perfect twist out or braid out so you might want to read to the end.
- Detangle your hair properly
- Work with well moisturized hair.
- Have an idea of the kind of curls you want to achieve- If you want small well defined curls, twist or Braid in smaller sections and if you want large and less defined curls, work in large sections.
- Use curl defining products. – Like curling cream and twisting butters.
- Allow your wet or damp hair dry completely.
- Oil your fingers before you start unraveling your curls.
- Fluff and go!
I hope you found these tips on how to achieve the perfect twist out helpful. If you did, please share this post with your curl friends on WhatsApp and Facebook.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss any new posts.
See you in my next one.